My name is Jemma Familton otherwise known as Ava-Grace Resin.
I’ve been working with Craft Resin for around 8 months now, and recently set up a small business selling some of my work. I also have an Instagram account - @avagraceresin and Facebook page - Ava-Grace Resin where I share my work and videos on my techniques.
Ava-Grace Resin is named after my daughter who is without doubt the most beautiful thing I ever created, but I’ve always had an arty streak, and Covid-19 made me reassess things and decide it was time to be brave and dive into the world of resin.
To be honest I’ve found that I was struggling with my mental health during the last year, and needed something I could focus on and to inspire me, and resin work has really given me that escape.
I began making coasters and small items and have progressed recently into trialling my own alcohol ink coaster techniques and sea scene art. I take inspiration from other artists like Coopers Custom Casts and love to learn new styles. My husband has been really supportive of my new venture but dreads the post box going and the arrival of more moulds and glitter!
I’ve found the resin community to be so welcoming, and enjoy seeing everyone’s beautiful creations. There is so much you can do with resin and I feel like I’ve only just scratched the surface but ultimately my goal is to combine my love of drawing and painting birds and nature with my resin work.
My favourite piece so far has been my sea scene trinket tray, whenever we go on holiday we collect sea glass from the beach and I’m planning to create a sea glass and resin base in this. I love to up-cycle things and the trinket tray is made from an old box my daughter had some beads in.
If like me you need an escape and want to get your creative juices flowing I would say be brave, be inspired and go for it - you’ll love every minute
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Xhoana, Resin Artist @eleve.studios
- Laura, Resin Artist @resinbybloom
- Improving The Referral Program - Updates & Changes:
- Why Is Craft Resin Slightly More Expensive Than Some Other Brands On The Market?
- Ruth Kirby, Resin Artist - @ruthis_resin
- What To Do If You Encounter Issues When Creating Your Epoxy Resin Project?
- Nadia and Sadia Resin Artists - N&S Arts @n_and_s.arts
- Do You Have To Wear A Respirator When Working With Craft Resin?
- Gemma Baker Resin Artist - BoHome Beautiful insta @bohomebeautifulxx
- How To Check If Anyone Has Shopped For Craft Resin Through Your Referral Link?
- Amy, Resin Artist - @isparklecreationsshop
- The Effects Of Humidity On Epoxy Resin Projects:
- Yasmeen, Resin Artist - @jasminelaneco
- Craft Resin YouTube Is Now Live!
- Georgina, Resin Artist - @ResinCreationsByG
- 🌼 Spring Resin-Spiration 🌼
- Laura Cross, Resin Artist - @laura.cross.art
- The Top 10 Questions We Get Asked About Epoxy Resin At Craft Resin:
- Sarah Farrugia, Resin Artist - SAF Designs (@_safdesigns)
- Natasha Russell Resin Artist @natshobbycraft_01
- How To Make An Income With Epoxy Resin:
- Alex Kazabakas Resin Artist @AlexTheAlchemyst
- Sarrah Amealia Resin Artist @RichAuntyResin
- Everything You Need To Know About The Safety Of Craft Resin:
- What materials Does Craft Resin's Epoxy Resin Stick To Or Not Stick To:
- 8 Ways To Stay Motivated And On Track With Your Resin Goals In 2022:
- Using Craft Resin On Thicker Projects:
- Using A Heat Torch On Your Resin Projects To Get Rid Of Bubbles:
- Colouring Craft Resin:
- Covering Artwork In Craft Resin:
- What Can You Create With Craft Resin:
- How To Create Clear Epoxy Resin Projects That Are Bubble Free:
- How To Create A Basic Epoxy Resin Coaster:
- Imperfections in Craft Resin’s Epoxy Resin & How To Fix Them:
- Cleaning Up When Using Craft Resin’s Epoxy Resin:
- Curing (Hardening) Craft Resin:
- Offering Your Resin Business Customers The Best Experience:
- Mummy & Mi - Proving Through Resin Art That Disabilities Have No Limits!
- How To Make Epoxy Resin Festive Decorations:
- How To Stop Your Mindset Negatively Affecting Your Resin Work