Everything You Need To Know About The Safety Of Craft Resin:

Posted by Craft Resin on

While improvements in epoxy resin composition over the past decade have made it feasible to use various types of epoxy glue without anxiety, some people are still apprehensive about using epoxy resin due to worries about its potential risks.

The compositions of all brands indeed have different varieties of Craft Resin, so you must look at the brand's safety guidelines:

 

Our clear epoxy resin has been proven to comply with REACH after being tested with the identification number CAN20-140587.

 

The epoxy resin kit of Craft Resin contains only high-quality components and does not give out harmful fumes or volatile organic compounds during normal use (VOCs).

 

The formulations do not contain inert fillers or diluents, meaning that all constituents react with one another. Consequently, none of the components can flee and cause environmental issues.

 

If it is not polluted with certain compounds, such as alcohol inks, it does not present a risk of starting a fire when it is in liquid. As a result of all of these features, it is not regarded as a material that poses a threat to people or the environment and may be carried by air without any issues.

 

Craft Resin is non-toxic and secure for use in the home. However, this is only the case when used by the guidelines and in a space with sufficient ventilation. Otherwise, the resin could release poisonous fumes. Could you explain that in more detail?

 

Solid Resin is non-toxic and free of volatile organic compounds (VOC). An impartial and objective third-party company conducts comprehensive testing on Craft Resin. The toxic properties of a resin are due to the presence of volatile organic compounds, often known as VOCs. Because volatile organic compounds make a resin poisonous, the combination of A and B can't render the resin hazardous if it does not already contain any VOCs. It does not matter if this is warmed with a heat gun or left at room temperature; it will not emit dangerous chemicals simply because it does not involve any volatile organic compounds (VOCs).

 

Importantly, what shoppers smell is not fumes; however, we advise wearing a mask or respirator when handling Craft Resin. Since Craft Resin emits a little odor, this is necessary. It's also not easy to tell if the ventilation system at your office is adequate. Therefore, being careful is the greatest action to ensure one's safety.

 

There are a lot of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the air, and they're the ones responsible for the strong smell of permanent markers and the "new" smell of plastics (and even the scent of the perfume or aftershave we wear). Resins that include volatile organic compounds are dangerous because they can be released into the air by breathing after their boiling point has been lowered by the heat generated during curing. When their boiling effectiveness is reduced, VOCs release toxic fumes and vapors; it is good knowledge that resins containing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emit a strong odor or aroma.

 

Since the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in a resin aren't present in one that claims to be non-toxic, the heat generated during curing won't be able to release any hazardous fumes or vapors.  Compared to resins containing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), the smell of Craft Resin is substantially less.

 

Some people may get the terms "toxicity" and "sensitization" mixed up since they sound similar. When a poisonous substance is ingested, absorbed via the skin, or inhaled, it causes an instant reaction in the affected organ. The term "toxic" refers to the effect that something has on a certain body region and can refer to a wide range of substances. Because it includes the immune system's reaction, sensitization is classified as an allergy. When someone has a poisonous response, it's not an allergy.

Like many other things, Resin comprises natural and man-made components. The effects of these components differ from person to person, depending on how well their immune systems can deal with the substances. Even though an allergic reaction to the resin is possible, this does not make it deadly.

There is a clear distinction between the effects of a toxin and the symptoms of an allergic reaction, yet, there are situations in which the two can appear to be the same.

While using Craft Resin, you should always make an appointment with your primary care physician as soon as possible if you have any unpleasant reactions or symptoms that are not typical for you.

Wearing personal protective equipment as a barrier at all times is another fantastic approach for preventing irritation from arising.

If you have any more inquiries or want to examine our testing certificates or other safety paperwork, please do not hesitate to contact us.

What Precautions Do I Need to Take for My Safety?
 
You should feel comfortable using Craft Resin if you stick to the advice.
  • Use gloves. If it gets on your skin, sticky epoxy glue irritates and makes it red and itchy. Even though we provide a pair of gloves with each kit, customers who are allergic to latex may want to consider purchasing their own sets of gloves.
  • Epoxy resin should not come into contact with the skin at any time. But if it does, it should remove it with soap and water as soon as possible.
  • If any material gets into your eyes, do not rub them; rinse your eyes with water for a few minutes instead. See a medical professional as soon as possible for an examination. When working with epoxy resin, it is important to use protective eyewear such as goggles or safety glasses.
  • Head some exercise and some clean air, then get back to work. You use a respirator if the conditions of your job prevent you from relocating to a cooler location. Or if you cannot identify whether or not your workstation has sufficient ventilation.

Food Safe:

 

Once completely dried and hardened, Craft Resin can be a safe food contact surface. This is because craft resin is food safe.

 

Independent laboratories have evaluated Craft Resin for leaching and migration by international standards, and it has passed every one of those evaluations with flying colors. When used in the manner prescribed, Craft Resin does not impart any of its chemicals into food in any way.

 

The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for Epoxy Craft Resin is an excellent resource for learning more.

 

Utilizing Craft Resin While Expecting the Following:

 

Craft Resin is safe for domestic use and does not include harmful chemicals. It is in your best interest to make an appointment with a medical professional. If you are concerned about your health or the health of your unborn child.

 

Suppose your obstetrician gives you the go-ahead to continue working with epoxy resin while pregnant. In that case, we highly suggest you review the safety precautions you normally take while working with Craft Resin.

 

Team Craft Resin

Craft Resin – 1L Starter Kit Clear Epoxy Resin and Hardener for Art
CRAFT RESIN – 1L STARTER KIT CLEAR EPOXY RESIN AND HARDENER FOR ART
Craft Resin – 4L Pro Kit Clear Epoxy Resin and Hardener for Art
CRAFT RESIN – 4L PRO KIT CLEAR EPOXY RESIN AND HARDENER FOR ART

Older Post Newer Post

0 comments

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published